Friday, November 15, 2013

Oh be careful little mouth what you say

"Those who control their tongue will have a long life; opening your mouth can ruin everything." Proverbs 13:3 NLT

That truth hurts doesn't it. How many times have we read this and just not really taken it on? Thinking things like some scripture is valuable to my life, and others not so much. I can tell you that I have "ruined" things a lot this week. I have not thought before speaking and let anger have control. I have said words like I love you, and yet my actions speak otherwise. "People with understanding control their anger;a hot temper shows great foolishness." Proverbs 14:29 As I sit here trying not to cry, I just am broken before God. Ashamed of all the the areas that I let have control, when the only one that should have control is my Savior. I would love to just go up to a cabin with a warm blanket and some hot cocoa, surround myself with nothing but God's word. It is so hard to quiet this world, it's loud and quite frankly obnoxious. If you aren't receiving a text, your receiving pictures, tweets or instagrams. In this world where access to everyone is at our fingertips we are nothing but unattached. Detached from all reality, and just close with what we consider contact. My sister hates talking on the phone, she just hates it. I on the other hand find comfort in being able to call and knowing she'll answer. Her voice is always just what I need to hear, even if she's grumpy. I am sure that my voice is like that to my children. Yet this week I have not really showed them the love that they deserve. I have not had words that have showed love and affection. I have been quick to anger and not controlled my tongue. I do not want to ever crush my children's spirits. I was sitting here thinking how when we hear other people speaking harsh with our children we are ready to fly off the handle. Yet then when they are home with us, we can say the same thing. Hurting them just as much, so how is it okay then? It's not okay, God gives us such clear advice. Clear direction in where our lives should be and where they should not. I as you can clearly see struggle everyday. Love is a beautiful word, especially in thinking about all Christ did for undeserving me. I yearn to show love, I yearn to be Christlike in my friendships, marriage and as a mother. I just want God to take out every area I struggle to serve, just clean out this brokenness and failure to connect. As I finish I'm gonna pray so please join with me. Dear God, Here I am again, Broken and in need of you. All I need is you Lord, for without you I have nothing. I am unable to live without you everyday in me Lord. Please just take away this anger, show me how to live like you. Show me how to be slow to anger and quick to Love. Show me how to have words like sweet honey.Pleasing you in how I'm not only talking the talk but walking the walk. Break this stubborn heart Lord. Thank you and Praise you Jesus,Amen God Bless your weekends. S.

"Gentle words are a tree of life; a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit." Proverbs 15:4

"The heart of the godly thinks carefully before speaking; the mouth of the wicked overflows with evil words." Proverbs 15:28

No comments:

Post a Comment