As my vacation with my husband comes to a close, I find myself pondering time. I know I have blogged before about taking the time we have, and living for the moment. Making the best of all the good old movies we watched and holding true to the lines. Course as far as I’m concerned living in the past movies is so much better than today’s present. But I digress, I have already done a rant on movies today. Geez Louise, You might be thinking why is she just blogging about all the things she’s blogged about. But today’s blog is somewhat different. I am not certain of how you were raised or brought up. But I’m about to tell you a little about my upbringing. That is if my computer decides to cooperate and use all the keys when I press them. Instead of being a brat, and not correctly making the words I am typing. So as the munchkins are entertained. Let us begin!
I was raised in a quaint Christian home, full of good morals and love. Every Sunday we would go to church and then after have dinner at my grandparents. Now as a child it was pretty much the normal to go to church just to be with my friends. I learned about God and Jesus , listening to all the stories from Adam & Eve to Jonah to David and Goliath. Which now I see more of lessons than stories . But while watching my children, I can hardly wait for them to see all that Christ has for their lives. I know for myself that all of it wasn’t really real until after VN. Which to some of you is an old hat to put on, the words roll off your tongue as if tasting your favorite cookie. But to others they are two letters, that contain no meaning and are ready for an explanation. VN aka Vida Nueva is a spiritual life weekend for teenagers. I was 17 when I lived my weekend and it was beyond eye opening for me. Going to church had become the norm for myself. It wasn’t really a life choice for me, to live for the Lord and glorify Him. It was more : Sundays I get dressed up sing praises and see family. For myself being a Christian had almost become an old hat. One that was worn regularly but not really enjoyed. It was always apparent to me the new Christians. The ones that would read His word and be in aw. But it breaks my heart how much precious time I had just wasted away. My life now has become the complete opposite. Jesus isn’t really an afterthought or a back seat driver. As we know from previous entries. He runs this roost, and it will continue to be that way. I know we all are walking different walks . Because no person has the same walk with Christ as someone else. Course why would you want it that way, then we would have nothing to tell each other. Hearing stories of how God continues to work wonders in your lives is something that always makes me smile. I hope you are on fire for Christ. If not I hope you take a moment to meet him, your life will never be the same. When did it change for you? Has it changed for you? You will know when it does that is for sure. Its Sunday and we did pile up the children and head to church. Although it didn’t work out for me to be at the service, it wasn’t a oh I missed the sermon. Because once I got home, I made sure I got to listen to a sermon online. I don’t know what God’s put on your heart this very day. But I know for me its knowing that now is the time, to share his kingdom. God bless you today and everyday.
S.
No comments:
Post a Comment