Friday, July 6, 2012

We could be Heroes, forever and ever

It's about 11:30 this morning and I am currently sitting in my parents sun room. My view is the lake, which looks incredibly tempting -but the monster is napping so after he naps I think we'll get in. Its a splendid day and one that brings back beautiful memories. 5 years ago I got married, :) Thankfully to the man I'm still married to today. Every year for our anniversary we go to the latest pixar production. Which this year is Brave :D :D :D !! As you can see from my many smiles I am rather giddy about it.

As you know we just ventured from home up to ME. Which with 2 kids under 2 can be quite a feat. We made it though and with good time to boot! We left about 7am Sunday morning and drove into Mum and Dad's driveway a 3:30am Monday! I know- We're crazy. We've been having such a great time, Loads of laughter and fun. Now to the reason I'm telling you all the this. 1st and foremost people are crazy drivers, I really watched myself getting so angry and frustrated at the other drivers on the road. It was like they really didn't respect anyone but themselves, not only that but they just don't really realize how fast it all can be gone. We were very blessed not to be in any accidents. But we did witness one, which is why I'm blogging today. We had just come through some traffic and all of a sudden to our left is these cars are this way and that. As we drive on we can see one is completely backwards and children are stumbling away from it. It brought tears to my eyes. Because we as drivers are so "full of ourselves." Feeling as though we can conquer anything. Basically all I am asking is be mindful that in the blink of an eye that can all be gone. Being behind the wheel is a privilege, and you should never take it for granted. So as I am frequenting some 80 degree weather with a great breeze, or jumping in the lake and swimming until my hearts content. Remember be mindful of others and don't be an idiot behind the wheel. Just because you think your a good driver, does not necessarily mean you are! Blessings on your weeks to come. Inspiration :
But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in Heaven.Matthew 5:44
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment