"I wanna leave a legacy how will they remember me" Nicole Nordeman always knows just what to say to strike up a nerve. How will everyone remember me? What will I leave behind when I go, Will it be my awesome converse and some old candy bars? Am I leaving prints on my friends hearts of all the things I know to be truth. Or when I am gone will all the things I've said and done fade into the wind. There are days like yesterday that just make me laugh when remembering them. But thinking to myself: If that was my last day, was it enough? Because I'll be honest: I never live like this was my last day. I am really stubborn and can be quite pig headed. Which is unlike Christ in most ways. I know exactly where I get it from but it doesn't make it any easier to get rid of for sure. Today just like everyday could be someone we love lasts day. Because only God knows the very last day. Haven't you said things you wish you hadn't said. Even now they're weighing down your heart as you recall upon the moments.
I know I have been there. In fact who knows I'm probably there now. I think sometimes we're afraid of dying, when we should just celebrate that we lived! I know I want it to be a celebration that I'm in Heaven free from this world! You know it's crazy because reading when the disciples just got up and went with Christ. Could you just go? I know even now when someone asks me to go shopping, I need like 800 items and I still forget my phone. Today what are you putting in front of Christ? If it was your last day would you regret spending all your time on the things you did, and wished you did more of something else? More time with your kids, less time with the computer? More time reading the word, less time watching tv? Furthering your life in Christ, not fulfilling it with things of this world that is not our home? I feel like this is on my heart alot! Maybe it's where Christ has put his attention for a reason. Otherwise I wouldn't have to blog right now. But here I am, and here you are reading. I just get a glimpse of adulthood when days like today come. Moments passing in wondering what will be. Today just made me realize a lot of God's infinite power, and how High it truly is. Ephesians 3:16-21 says "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." We sing the words " All to Jesus I surrender, All to him I freely give". Why then when it comes to surrendering to we hold on to dear life, like a child with a lollipop? Why do are we disobedient, why haven't we learned. Not only that but what are we teaching our children and the generations to come? We are not self-disciplined? That we should only speak it not live it? Wake up Friends! If it was your last day: What would you be doing differently? I am always praying for you, Blessings to your week to come.
S.
No comments:
Post a Comment