Well faithful readers, I apologize for not updating until now. Mostly because I try to be prompt and get one out a week. It is not only something I look forward to because I really like to blog it out, but something I like to think you all look forward to. So this weekend was a bit crazy but crazy isn't always necessarily a bad thing. I had the most wonderful opportunity to go to A day of Hope. :) Which to you who don't know what that is :it was a military conference. I had a wonderful friend offer to watch the kids so I really had a whole day to myself. :) I KNOW shocker.
Having a whole day to myself is well wonderful,is also hard for me to concentrate. Because after you have the littles. All you think about is what is Thing 1 getting into and did she just eat that? But after calling and making sure everything's A'OK I got to really pay attention and relax. The worship was so wonderful and made me realize how much I have lacked to make "ME" a priority. When God calls you to be a mom He doesn't mean that you should just forget about yourself. You need TLC now just as you did before. Probably even more now that your a mom. But because God is so good, He has given me a handful of people that are available when I need some "ME" time. So after having such a nice time at the conference, I have decided I will be taking advantage of my friends!
I have a new favorite song, One thing remains-Jesus Culture. Mostly because it speaks to everything I feel. God's love has never failed, never gives up and never runs out on me. I hear about how "my life is hard and difficult. Yet, how can it be when He NEVER gives up on me. Life never really turns out the way we anticipate or plan. But there is one thing that has always remained the same for me day in day out. It doesn't matter if the laundry is stacked up, the dishes aren't done, the children are screaming. He's always right there: Jesus is always there. His love never changes and He's my rock in all things. I have been spending time with thing 1 learning about animals. Looking up there pictures on the internet and asking him what they are. My favorite one is the rooster so far because he says "cook a dookcle doo". I've been reading in the psalms lately, they are like a warm cup of chocolate on a stormy day. One's you just wanna curl up by the fire and read till your hearts full. My favorite Psalm is Psalm 40. It's like the more I read it the more it's written in my body, satisfying my soul. The things need bedtime but blessings to you all.
S.
No comments:
Post a Comment