Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pumpkins and their seeds

I read this article just the other day. I know you find it hard to believe, especially since I'm a mother of 2 how did I ever find the time! Well I did, Amazing but it happened. Tonight is Halloween, the article spoke on how Christians shut there doors and pretend that we aren't home. That the one night that strangers knock on your door, we do not open them to tell you about Christ. We pray and pray for God to send us, to tell of Jesus and yet when they come we turn the lights off. I always think about how I might be the only Jesus you know. That breaks my heart, It breaks my heart to think that I am the only interaction you might have had with our Creator. Why? Because I am very weak specimen, everything I have all that I am, comes from Him. Yet breaking it down for you, I do not always show that. In fact, I pray that I always reflect our Lord. So recently I have gotten a splint, which is a form of a retainer. It is so awkward for me, It's almost like hurting yourself. Now a part of your body isn't functioning correctly it takes you longer to deal with things. So in saying all this, that's how it should be when we live in sin. It should be like a part of your body is broken. Instead of living that way, we flaunt our sin like an ugly hat. We spray on some glitter and show it to all our friends. We ask things like "Don't I look pretty?" "Isn't my sin beautiful this time of year?" Of course we never call it for what it is, who would dare say we're sinning. I was at this place in my walk that I literally decided I was doing awesome. I didn't have any sins in my life and I was such a wonderful christian. Thank you Lord for hitting me with a huge reality check, I am a sinner. We have distorted all the things that God holds and brings truth upon. How about, God sees all sins the same! That means that gossip, slander, cheating, are all things that God sees as sin. If you aren't uplifting that person, then you shouldn't be speaking about them. Sweet friends, I pray you are all safe tonight. Safe in the God's love and His arms. I know we will be celebrating at the harvest festival, and it will be a clean event. I also know that some out there choose to make it very dark, and twisted. One of the reasons I choose to take my kids to the harvest festival is that I don't want them to have to see the turmoil of this world. Until they can understand why, they are as they are. Being a child is only a brief time, and I think it's unfair for them to be subject to the evils now. I think it's very important we share with them about evil being out there. I just don't choose to bring nightmares into there safe space. Prayers for you and all your loved ones. S.
9 In fact, we expected to die. But as a result, we learned not to rely on ourselves, but on God who can raise the dead. 10 And he did deliver us from mortal danger. And we are confident that he will continue to deliver us. 11 He will rescue us because you are helping by praying for us. As a result, many will give thanks to God because so many people's prayers for our safety have been answered. 2 Corinthians 1:9-11 (New Living Translation)

No comments:

Post a Comment