Thursday, October 17, 2013

UnPlugged

Now that I just licked all the batter from the brownie bowl, I'm feeling ready to start! Laughs, no but honestly it has just been one of those days. At one point I just turned up the praise and worship and literally was singing on the top of my lungs. While that was going on there were two lovely munchkins at my feet screaming "mommy". When I think about how needy my children are with me I know that I am that way with God. As soon as He hands over something, there is always more I am asking for. Especially in this day and age where we have everything at our fingertips to "make things better". If its not our marriage we're trying to fix, its our home, our children, or even ourselves. Thank you world for showing me all the areas of my life that I come up short. Thank God we have Jesus or I wouldn't be able to find hope in anything. Seriously though, Jesus loves us where we are. I know there are few things that we love where they are. Maybe this cup of coffee, alright and the brownie batter but really. Isn't it always well "so and so's marriage is so happy" or "there kids are so well behaved". The list unfortunately goes on and on and on. I know that is where the devil wants us to exist. In this constant place of want and need, "Veruca Salt I want it now".
24 “No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. 25 That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? 28 And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, 29 yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 30 And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? 31 So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. 34 So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today."Matthew 6:24-34 This is once again why I love the bible. Because It's easy to loose sight of what God has in store when we're distracted by all the temporary worldly distractions that are in our face. Yet when we shut off the distraction, when we unplug from the world and plug into God. We can see where truth and hope lies. Over and over again Truth speaks out. "7 “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. 9 “You parents—if your children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give them a stone instead? 10 Or if they ask for a fish, do you give them a snake? Of course not! 11 So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him."Matthew 7:7-11 How much clearer could He possibly make it, I mean we obviously are like children. Needing this direction, and open word. I am so thankful for my bible. It is such a source of Christ's love letter to me. How quickly we take advantage of that source. How many times we have passed it over for the advice of a friend, neighbor etc. Not that we shouldn't speak out on whats going on. It's more how much more will Christ take care of you when He consistently takes care of the birds of the air and the flowers of the field. How much more does He take care of us when we Ask, Seek and Knock. Just like when it talks in Matthew about building on a firm foundation. Where is your base? Is you hope, strength and foundation in Christ? Are you depending on the ways of the world? The people of the world to fill the void? Nothing will satisfy like Christ. Building an intimate relationship starts with you. Surrendering to Him, letting go of control and letting Him pick you up. Prayers for you my friends. Prayers that it may not be a ready to lick the entire brownie bowl day. Blessings! S.

No comments:

Post a Comment