Wednesday, July 25, 2012

How can I keep from shouting your name

So it always blesses me when God puts a song on my heart. A song that the more you are singing it, the more it is encouraging you, and making you realize what God's saying. It's so great when he is just comforting you even when you feel like you don't need it. Usually our vacation consists of reenacting the farmer and the headless chicken. But this time has been quite a delight, God has blessed us greatly in all he gives us.

On Saturday I had the most wonderful opportunity to witness two of my favorite people become one. The message was sound as to what marriage should be, even though often times we loose track of the truth. "And he said, 'This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one." Matthew 19:5 I pray your marriage is full of sacrifice, just like Christ died for us. Everyday we choose to love each-other as Christ loved us. It should never be "You owe me, or I did this for you." God wants more from us than that. Think of His everlasting love, and constant forgiveness. Praise GOD, He's not as earthly as we are. Constantly going back to the past and making our friends,family and whomever live in our days of sin.

I love the strength and freedom I have in Christ. One that my past doesn't make me who I am going to be. It's like a tremendous weight, gone from me forever. Who but our Savior can do something like that. I know the next couple of months are going to be a whirlwind for my family and myself. That is why I keep choosing to enjoy the days one by one. Smiling in the tiny moments : Like when Sam decides he's just gonna run up and tickle me, Or when Natalie's face just makes me warm all over. I have definitely enjoyed these times here. But that in no way means I haven't missed my back home buddies. I actually wish I could have shrunken them all down, put them in my suitcase and had them with me the whole time. There are daily moments that I'm like "man I wish _____________ was here". - You can definitely insert your name mostly because it has probably happened on more than one occasion . I had the best shopping adventure yesterday, I finally know what I want with my wardrobe! Which is more than I can actually say for the past 23 years of my life. Yes I know I've worn clothes all those years. But it seems when I shop with my friends they know what there looking for, Where as I would just put something on and be like "yea, this works". Now you can laugh if you want because even I myself am surprised by it . But I am drawn towards nautical clothes and what outfit wouldn't be complete without some of my nerdy flair! So yes.. that is my beautiful wrapped up self. Well now that I have blogged for most of the morning, I probably should get started on my day. Oh and please enjoy the Chris Tomlin "How can I keep from singing" lyrics below. That song is what has given you this blog above.
S.

How can I keep from singing Chris Tomlin There is an endless song Echoes in my soul I hear the music ring And though the storms may come I am holding on To the rock I cling How can I keep from singing Your praise How can I ever say enough How amazing is Your love How can I keep from shouting Your name I know I am loved by the King And it makes my heart want to sing I will lift my eyes In the darkest night For I know my Savior lives And I will walk with You Knowing You'll see me through And sing the songs You give How can I keep from singing your praise? How can I ever say enough, how amazing is your love? How can I keep from shouting your name? I know i am loved by the king, and it makes my heart want to sing I can sing in the troubled times Sing when I win I can sing when I lose my step And fall down again I can sing 'cause You pick me up Sing 'cause You're there I can sing 'cause You hear me, Lord When I call to You in prayer I can sing with my last breath Sing for I know That I'll sing with the angels And the saints around the throne how can i keep from singing your praise how can i ever say enough how amazing is your love how can i keep from shouting your name a know i am loved by the king and it makes my heart i am loved by the king and it makes my heart i am loved by the king and it makes my heart want to sing i can sing

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done, sweetheart. Spending your vacation with us gives us at least as much pleasure as you say you are getting. With such evidence of God's grace around us, how indeed can we keep from singing?

    ReplyDelete