Friday, June 29, 2012

Adventure is a wonderful thing

Well its FRIDAY, WOOT!! I have only hours left for departure, which makes me feel rather giddy. I haven't been back up to ME since Sam was 6 mths and now he's gonna be 21 mths. CRAZYNESS! So as you can see I am looking forward to my visit. This week has been an adventure in itself. A lot of the time lets face it.. I'm AWESOME! Because I cart around 2 children under the age of 2 by myself. Some of you might think I'm not that awesome: Let me inform you -YOU ARE WRONG! But I have basically had to get ready for the whole trip by myself. Getting the car looked at, making sure the gps works, buying the food. Its a lot of work for sure. So the house has not been receiving the love it needs since I've been MIA all week. So that's what is on the mission tonight. I have made significant progress, but there is still a ton to do. So really I should get off this silly blog and clean my house. But if I stop now you'll never know what God's been teaching me all week.
Friendship. God's showing me how much He loves me through my friends. One of the things I pride myself on is being self reliant. I feel once you get married, You leave your parents and make a life with your spouse.
"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh." Genesis 2:24
That in no way means you Excommunicate yourself from your parents. DO YOU HEAR ME.. Don't just get hitched and say Deuces mom and pops. Because that's not what I'm saying. I'm sure at times my parents would love it if I didn't call as much. But hey, I got questions and they have answers. BUT I digress.. When I moved down here, At first it was hard for me to accept living in a new place. As kids there's this song Its like "make new friends but keep the old one is silver and the other gold. " While we kept going to church, I never really opened up. Because I truly felt if I did I would be leaving my family and my church family in the dust. I kept fighting with God about it like: There isn't anyone down here as awesome as up in Maine or They won't get my sense of humor, No one will really love me like they do. But God being the awesome God that he is continued to let me have my "pity me" stage. Finally just put me in a position that I had no choice but to make friends. WHICH was GREAT! Because then I met one of my closest friends : Brian. Who being so awesome happens to be my kids- GODFATHER. Then I met Elizabeth( GOD MOTHER) by attacking her in the bathroom. She says attacking.. but really I just talked to her at the sinks. :) Obviously I was excited since I really wanted to make friends. These are just a couple of my friends. But they are all so great with my kids, they help parent my kids. They are always there when I need a hand: Which I will tell you I don't but I do appreciate it! I am really gonna miss my friends. Even to my friends that don't read my blog, ;) You know who you are. Just so you know, God is amazing. He always knows what you need when you need it. The people in my life are encouraging in Christ, always there when I need a pick me up and most of all are full of great laughter and fun times. I never left my old church in the dust, I just opened my heart to more of His kingdom. I pray you have a blessed week. I know I will. Love to all my buddies. See you when I get back S.

No comments:

Post a Comment