It is so encouraging to hear songs that speak of how you feel. Mercy came running by Phillips,Craig & Dean is one of those for me.
7 I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. 8 Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ. Philippians 3:7-8
Many times I read scripture over and over. But then circumstances arise and that scripture has brand new meaning. It's almost like reading it fully for the first time. It's crazy to think how much life has changed in the past couple of years. I have come to a place in my life of certainty. A place that is not shaken by worldly views and a place that I'm completely comfortable to be in. A place that I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live. I don't know if you have ever come to a place like I have before. A place that you are overtaken in your own sin. That it becomes so dark that there seems like no hope. A few years ago I really fell hard from Christ, I fell from Him and was unaware of it .
"Mercy came running
Like a prisoner set free
Past all my failures to the point of my need
When the sin that I carried
Was all I could see
And when I could not reach mercy
Mercy came running to me" Mercy came running - Phillips Craig & Dean
That was me my sin that I carried was all I could see. God placed me in a study called "The Truth Project" It is taught by Del Tackett, and is one of the most eye opening things I've ever been involved in. One that I would do many more times if had the opportunity. During the discussion however , they spoke on my sin. They spoke on my sin without me having to be open about it. Just as God would have it we covered everything I was going through without having to say exactly what I was feeling. I was living as a bisexual, I knew that Christ had spoken that it was not correct, yet my sin had overtaken me to the point that I truly thought I was a bisexual. Not that I am a Christian and struggle with bisexuality. I had never called my sin what it was sin. I really just had gone with it, because it came to me as a fragile teenager. So I took it on just like you put on your coat when you leave. As study was ending and we left I called everyone and told them I wasn't bisexual I just struggled with that sin.I felt like a giant weight had been lifted off my chest. I cried all the way home and just thanked God for putting me in a place I had no choice but to see my sin for what it was. I think it's hard as christian's for us to be open that we to struggle with sin. That we are sinners like the rest, yeah we'll mention it but it's hard for us to be completely naked and unashamed that we fall just like the rest. We all sin , yet in Christ we are free from our sin aware of our struggles. I am happy to admit to you now that I have not struggled in many years. All due to Christ and his wonderful mercy, not that I don't struggle in other things. The struggle that had changed me, and made me a completely different person was gone. I am now a new creation in Christ. Psalm 51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. I know we all struggle, in more ways than one. It has been on my heart for a long time to write this and I'm glad God finally gave me the opportunity to share it with you now. I pray you all have a great week and are filled with God's love and grace and mercy.
S.
No comments:
Post a Comment