Friday, October 26, 2012
A powerless sin
Good Morning! I love waking up feeling refreshed and renewed. This week has been such a fulfilling week in Jesus. We had such a great service Wednesday that was just full of music and an alter call. Then we had a really fantastic study Thursday with great discussion. Last night I slept soundly and of course like usual, I didn't want to get outta bed. You know if you met me years ago and we hung out that you would not recognize me today. Which basically shows me how much I have grown. Yet living day to day, it is so easy to get caught up in life that we forget just how much God is molding and making us. I wouldn't go back if you paid me, even now I have trials and tribulations yet they seem so minor compared to when I wasn't seeking a more intimate relationship with my Savior. One that when I do fall or stumble that I seek redemption, One that is fortified when I am with friends that are living like I am. One that no matter what knowing I have Jesus makes everyday worth being alive. I know how terrible and rotten this world can be, I am just thankful everyday for having Christ to make days wonderful! So we were in Romans 6 last night,
"Well then, should we keep on sinning so that God can show us more and more of his wonderful grace? 2 Of course not! Since we have died to sin, how can we continue to live in it?" Romans 6:1-2
WOW! Literally, mind blown. This was such a strong conviction for me, how can we read this and not be struck. Let's be real, I don't know how your walk is coming or where you are reading this. I just know that when it comes to it, I blog for me. I blog because it helps me put into perspective all I am reading. Writing it out, putting my thoughts down helps me process all of them. If you get something from it as well, amazing because that is all God. In all of this I am just a vessel, one that is willing to share my life experience to bring glory and honor to God. For He is the only one worthy of it. Last night was one of those times I just never wanted study to end, because having the discussion we had and being able to fellowship and learn is where I just wanna live. That's where I want my home to be, Completely fused to Christ. Life here is a day to day chaos. It's so fabulous to be with the kids, and to be teaching them and vice versa. 12 "Do not let sin control the way you live;[a] do not give in to sinful desires. 13 Do not let any part of your body become an instrument of evil to serve sin. Instead, give yourselves completely to God, for you were dead, but now you have new life. So use your whole body as an instrument to do what is right for the glory of God" Romans 6:12-13 YES! I so wanna be an instrument for Christ, a living example of His love. I know there will be moments that sin tries to take hold, Satan knows all the fragile spots of your heart. All those times that the ground almost seems invisible because your so lost.CHRIST knows you so much more, He formed you in your mothers womb, He gives us encouragement in His word. Take some time today for Christ, shut off the tv, open your word and just be renewed. "23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord."Romans 6:23 Romans is a wonderful description of your life for Christ, Couldn't be any clearer. If your gonna stand up and call yourself a Christian, I hope its not just words to you. I pray it's in action and dying to yourself to live in Christ. Prayers and Blessings on a fortified weekend in God's word.
S.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment