Monday, November 19, 2012

You are U

Do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.- Philippians 2:4
Do you ever just read a verse and think "REALLY?" For me I have no problem doing this at all for the people that I just "click" with, or with people that are kind at heart. As much as this is going to come as a shock, I do not get along with everyone. In fact more than a few people I struggle with. Yet reading this verse this week I was like "Okay God, I get it." I was just speaking with a friend about this, and we both laughed and said things like " Lots of prayer is involved, prayer to change our hearts." This has been apparent in my life for the past month or so, that I am pretty good at talking the talk, then as Christ calls me to walk it out I struggle to take back control then end up reenacting a teenage tantrum and loosing the battle.
"God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day."Psalm 46:5
There are so many times especially in this world that it looks easier to live without Christ. I have never chosen the easy road, which just shows me I'm always up for a challenge. Yet if I retreat every time it gets hard in my walk, or in motherhood, or marriage, or friendship I would miss out on so many,many blessings when I accomplish the task at hand. My favorite song today has been "Stand-Susan Ashton" The lyrics just speak to my heart and I just really enjoy her voice. It has been quite the day, Thing 2 decided she wanted to relive being an infant so she pulled an all nighter. Boy, Makes you not want to complain about the sleep you aren't getting, Then you see what No sleep is really like. I find in every situation I go to the enemy wants me to feel completely and totally alone. You know when you are in that dark place, lonliness becomes your companion. We reach out into the darkness instead of searching for the light. We have been singing "This little light of mine", Thing 1 has been practicing. Which brings me to the verse that I think of in times of darkness. You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeeds and praise your Father in heaven.Matthew 5:14-16
If you know me than you know I don't like the dark, in fact I am scared of it. I always put lights on, I never like complete darkness and like my children enjoy nightlights. I don't see this as a downfall in any way, more that my life is living out what Christ calls of us. To let our lights shine, :) Even when we're sleeping. For me that's where Satan tries to get a foothold, wherever there is darkness. I've learned in the past weeks that If I don't address situations of darkness, the darkness grows. That is why I have started shining light wherever I go. With Thing 1 I have struggled to be the mom he needs, especially when he is consistently misbehaving. Which leads me back to Psalm 46:5, God has given us all the instructions we need! Basically for me it has come down to , I don't really care if its popular to cling to all the things I know as truth. Regardless this is who I am. Christ has brought me this far, and until He brings me to be with him in heaven this is who I am going to be. As Thanksgiving is fast approaching, I pray that you are seeking the wisdom God has given you. This world is hard, and always out to bring us down. Yet our Savior is here to lift us up, avoiding the world and living in harmony and peace with our Creator. Blessings on your Thanksgiving. I am so Thankful I can get to know my Lord day after day. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment