Monday, November 5, 2012

Whats that smell?

Today I am doing a major downsize and reorganizing. It is actually a ton of work which is a slow process but other than bible studies this week I have no plans so plenty of time. A blessing in many ways to get it all done before the holidays that always seem to come with inhale and leave before you get to exhale. At least that's how it seems to go year after year here.

I was reading the end of the psalms last night, it was nice just to Praise God for all He does within us and throughout our days. It always surprises me to know how much an impact you made on someone's life. I just want to keep that in mind daily because if I am making an impact I hope that impact reflects my Savior. Let's be honest, I don't always act that way. So I pray that my actions and my words are more just a living testimony of who I want to be and strive everyday to live up to those. So while I was puttering rearranging cupboards, I caught a whiff of (Hubbys) body spray. My past just swept completely over me and I felt like I was 16 again smelling it at church. Just like whenever I smell Garnier Fructis I'm back at summer camp washing my hair. I love that, I love that smells just basically transport you back to memories you long have forgotten. My family is addicted to the baby magic smell, every new baby that comes along they lather that stuff on like it's gone tomorrow. So whenever it graces my nose, I think "New baby". *chuckles* Spiritually its the same way for me.Whenever we go to a scripture that has been such a rock in my walk I think "hello old friend". How when I read a verse in my bible that's highlighted. It's almost seeing a trailer of all the moments I clung to that exact verse. I have really been enjoying reading in my bible then reading the same thing in other versions. Having that time in the word brings me to my latest episode. Thing 1 has been taking off his diaper and going potty in the house. Saturday it was pooping down the hallway, Today it was peeing underneath the crib. I can tell you that instead of being like "aww aren't you cute", I look at that beautiful little face and pray. Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go for to you I lift up my soul. Rescue me from my enemies, O Lord, for I hide myself in you. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God' may your good spirit lead me on level ground. Psalm 143:8-10
Just typing it out now I am like.. *long exhale* Amen Thank you God. :) I just pray that I follow where God's leading me. That I am constant in seeking His will and not my own. I don't want this life to be about me, I want it to bring glory to Him. I have so grown up, from my days of wearing the self involved t-shirts. Now I have the little ones that "know" its all about them. I will look forward to when they grow up and have little "self obsessed" munchkins of there own. Growing up for me has been challenging, but I am happy to grow. I love time in my word, I have learned to take what I can get and not beat myself up over that. Anytime in the word is a blessing! Oh November I welcome you with open arms, I love seeing all the thankful posts even though a friend and I were chuckling about it. In November we are super thankful than December rolls around and we begin posting all the things we want. Very sad, but true. Praying for this country and all the big decisions that are going to be decided. God has his everlasting hand on us and will be right with us today, tomorrow and to come. Blessings and Prayers for all that are willing to receive it. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment