Monday, April 13, 2015

That saved a wretch like me

Good Morning! I had the opportunity this past weekend to go on a spiritual retreat. It was such an honor to be surrounded by tons of different women through all different walks of life. It is so wonderful to be gathered together praising God for who He is. We had several talks and touched on so many different struggles we all face. I think it's incredibly important to share our lives with others so we can help them run the race! I don't think we should ever feel alone, especially because Christ never leaves us. Our core verse this weekend was
Joshua 1:9 "This is my command- Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go!"
We talked about be rooted like tree's and our source of strength is Christ. I just found it to be so wonderful to be able to rub lives with all these different lives with one common purpose. We all loved and desire more of Jesus, and were happy to share our struggles to strengthen our Faith. Our Hope is in our Creator and not in anything of ourselves. It's false to think we don't struggle, you know we do. That's why it is so beautiful to have Jesus. We talked about what our Ideals are and who they should come from. We talked about how God is the God of all comfort and He comforts us so we can comfort others! 2 Corinthians 1:3-7 We shared in the Word and how in reading God's word we can grow in our relationship with Him. We shared in Grace and Faith and all that brings us to those places of rest. We ate a ton of food and shared in the fellowship around us. We heard from young women, from teens and from more experienced generations. We all understood why we were there and felt God with us. We talked about the Hope that comes from Christ and how He brings us to His presence. We spoke on Piety and how we can dedicate who and what we are to Christ. More than one talk focused on it being an ongoing process, admitting that we are all works in progress. We shared in the fruits of the spirit and how each one is a tool to be used. These are just a few of the things we talked about and yet writing them now I have chills. I just am incredibly overjoyed to feel the presence of God with me. To be consumed by His love right with me. I don't know where you are at today, I can't pretend I do. I do know that if you don't know about Christ, I am so willing to share. I am not a perfect person, I'm a sinner and I need Jesus to live. Not living as the world lives in sin and corruption but in Christ with mercy and grace. From a peace that the world will never give you, one that Christ sets you free. Free from the sin that drags you down day after day. The lies that the devil tells you "You're not good enough", "You'll never be worthy," "You're not pretty." Don't give weight to anything the devil says he is only capable of lies. Jesus is truth, He knows you by name. He knows your story because He wrote it.
Jeremiah 1:5 "I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb, Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations."
Who knows you better than the one who formed you? No one, there is not one. This world is fallen and broken and God has called you by name. He knows you and wants to know you even more than you think. He desires to share His love with you, and capture your heart. So you can truly understand what it feels like to be loved. Truly loved, God loved you so much that He sent His only son to die for your sins. "John 3:16" As we take on the week I encourage you to seek Christ in all moments. To bring Him into your day to day, to invite Him to guide your steps.
Colossians 3:23 "Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than people."
God Bless you all on your days that lie ahead, Enjoy this wonderful weather brought to us from our King of Kings! S.

No comments:

Post a Comment