Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Awww Meatloaf!

As I get all comfy on the couch to write to you, my nose is filled with meatloaf cooking in the oven. It is rare that I would make meatloaf but the other day a friend made it for me and it has become my new supper of choice. If this one turns out good, I will perhaps attempt another. There are days like today that seem to just drag onward. Like I'm running on a treadmill, and yet going no where. (Stupid Treadmill) I've been wicked exhausted from the moment I opened my eyes and I know I will be once I go back to my bed this evening. We even took a family nap- Never long enough. It's like the children just take so much out , yet always have so much more energy. Where did that go: and can I get it in a candy bar? There's one thing about being a full time mom, It never ends. They just always are there needing more of you. Which don't get me wrong I am happy to give. But on days like today, I wanna be the child and ask for a nap!! Luckily they make grown up products that help with the exhaustion.

As the days grow closer to thing 1's birthday. We have decided not to do a big charade. That doesn't it anyway mean he's not gonna have a birthday. Just means it will switch off year to year. This year will be little next year will not, :) It's good in so many more ways than financial. It's so good for my sanity because along with planning two baby showers I don't have much to spare. Oh.. the simpleness of my life is so far gone. BUT my meatloaf was a hit : Thing 1 had 4 helpings. :) Obviously not a bad meatloaf. I found it to be quite tasty myself, even now I'm thinking of a having a little bit more. Is it just me or is it delightful when someone else makes you a meal. It just takes all the work outta dinner, and it's just nice to show up and there it is. I have no problems with cooking but doing it day in and day out it's nice for a break.

My scripture of the day comes from Proverbs, because I read through 19 and 20 and also in Jeremiah. Which opening it up and reading about the plans God has for me. Just always brings the day to a calm. "You can make many plans, but the Lords purpose will prevail."Proverbs 19:21 This could not be more true in any sense. Because I am always making plans.. and get rerouted. I feel like I'm in a car, that I try to take over auto pilot, then the car is like REDIRECTING. It's hard for us to stand aside. I know I just fight like a kid, stomping sometimes a little hair pulling. I just want what I want now!!! "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." Ecclesiastes 3:11 I mean I can read this and still want my own way. But I don't know better than God, nor will I ever. It's a good thing though because I look around at this beautiful home and these lovely children.-Yes they are lovely. I wouldn't have any of this if it weren't for all my Creator does for me. I continue to see all the times we fall short of God's plan for us. That we aren't doing all we need to as followers of the King. I just pray that we all live more like Christ wants us to. That we step out of our bubbles and bring another friend to Christ. If that's not what we're here for, what are we doing? S.

1 comment:

  1. I had to re-read your first sentence because I thought your nose was stuffed with meatloaf. And then I realized I needed my morning coffee. Miss you! -Airin

    ReplyDelete