Friday, June 22, 2012

Whirlwind

It's been a whirlwind of fun here at the G. House. Friends of ours have been staying here while they've been house-hunting. So instead of being up to our regular things, we've just been enjoying there visit! So now there is lots to do!

Every year in the weeks leading up to summer camp, I would start prepping my bags early. It was always my most favorite thing packing for my GRAND adventure. I never had a hard time with being away from my parents. In fact I enjoyed being out on my very own and having a whole week to praise God with kids my age. I would pack so long before hand that I wouldn't have any clothes left to wear in the days leading up to camp. It makes me laugh now because even though it was silly to do then. I tend to still do that as an adult, I pack and then end up needing clothes cause I'm so very excited. What about you? Do you tend to hold it all off before the trip? So much so that you are running out the door unsure of whats in your suitcase. One year at camp I ended up having to borrow some underwear since I had only packed like 2 pairs. I obviously wasn't thinking that year at all!

Its been over a year since we have ventured North, so I am incredibly excited to go. I'm really hoping the kids end up sticking to there schedules even though we'll be in a different place. As for most of my blogs this has a spiritual meaning as well. When it comes time for you to speak to others about Christ. Because God puts most of us in those situations, will you be prepared? Have set time aside in building up your "arsenal?" So that whatever questions you face, you know God's truth in the matter. Or as the time approaches you are just gonna wing it, uncertain of whats going to come out. No matter what I pray God speaks through you. That your words are not your own, just as I pray mine come from God. I am not certain where God will take you and when, but if you are reading this that is a good sign that you are wanting more from just your average walk. There tends to be days of darkness, but the light always shines through. Especially if your light is from the Lord of Lord and King of Kings. Blessings on your summer my friends. May it be just the right path to glorify Him. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment