Wednesday, August 1, 2012

From pigtails to promises

When you are a child, all you focus on is one thing at a time. Like when my parents told us we were having another baby. Excitement flooded over our little child bodies. Looking back the baby sibling wasn't all that exciting. They take over most of the attention and tend to do everything "cuter" than you. So you kinda go through a " I don't think I like you" stage. Which is pretty normal in all situations. This past week I got ALOT of time with my sister. Time I really value, because I always will cherish my sister. It made me think about time with our Savior. At first we are overjoyed can hardly contain ourselves. Jesus as the sweetest and most precious name we know. As time passes we become more used to our Savior. Happy with how things are and don't really see Him as our Redeemer, But our "Bro".
I don't want to be one of the crowd. I want to light a candle and stand up on my own feet. I want to let my light shine. Just as I was driving down the road today singing on the top of my lungs! " This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine." Quit hiding under the bushels, Don't let Satan blow it out, SHINE all over where we LIVE! Everyday is a gift from God. We're living as if we have forever. What if you didn't have forever. What if you had a clock that you can't see. Everyday is fleeting and your wasting it away. My sister is a lovely gift from God. I am happy to have had all the moments we had together. I don't ever want her to feel taken for granted. Because just between you and me.( She's wonderful) SO, :) If you have become content with your walk. Maybe its time for some reflection, Jesus paid for all my sins . He laid down His life for me, little undeserving me.
Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. Philippians 1:3
I pray you have a wonderful week in God's tremendous blessings and opportunities. S.

2 comments:

  1. I am smiling as I think of how this little girl/young woman whom I have watched grow and have taught in Sunday school, now a wife and mom and daughter of the King is now teaching me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome girl!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete