Thursday, May 10, 2012
Experiencing True Beauty
As we approach mothers day, I can't help but post about mothers. Now I have been blessed with many. Mostly because God is awesome and he knows what I need. Either that or He knows I need a lot of direction.- You may take your pick. My mom is so very wonderful. When I was a child she wrote to me in a journal, and like most moms life caught up with her so she had to stop writing. Which is sad because her stories always make me smile, poor Alissa didn't even get a journal.-Its okay Alissa mom really does love you. My mom always knew when I needed to laugh, or cry or just needed to be held. She has molded me into the woman I am today. When I got married I moved South, now you may not know this about be but I was born and raised in the North. I am a true Mainer, and proud of it.- This girl loves her Lobstah. But instead of being sad all the time that I was gone, my mom encouraged me to embrace my new life. How hard that must have been, I know when my babies grow up it will be hard to say " Yes, go live miles away from me, Live your own life. I didn't just spend my life raising you!" But when its time for my babies to be adults. God will give me the strength to encourage them, just as my mom encouraged me. Because of my mom's love and encouragment I have made a life here for my family. Now before I pay tribute to two other beautiful women in my life, a little taste of one of my moms journal entries to me.
Dear Sarah, We had visitors over Christmas and your cousin Charis was so good, I thought your dad would want to trade, but I prefer spunk myself.-LT :)
This makes me smile, because my mom prefers my spunkyness.-Sorry Charis :D
Now we all watch fairy tales, just admit it we know you do. I always dreaded marriage just for Mother in laws, they make them seem so terrible. Mine happened to be a gift from heaven itself, My mother in law is the spitting image of what I want to be when Samuel gets married. Not only did she give me her son, but she opened her heart to me. So even at first when I thought I only had room for 1 mom, God gave me a growing heart for another. In so many ways I married into a family that had always been there in my heart, Just missing until I was wed. I really enjoy all the talks and moments we share and the projects we get to do together. She is so wonderful to my children , and I truly am blessed to have her .
Lastly but certainly not least is my NC Mama! Moving away from your family can be hard. But God saw that I needed a home away from home, and He made it happen here. I truly will miss her when I have to go. She is always full of the guidence I need, the scripture I need to read, and fun as can be. She has made all the holidays bearable, because there surrounded by family like it should be. So to all my mama's out there, Thank you. I hope one day I will be a role model to others as you all are to me.
Many Blessings on your Mother's Day.
S.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment