There are moments in my life that I wish I had spoken up but didn't have the courage. There are also moments in life when I wish I'd kept my mouth silent but roared like a lion. It seems more often than not I have so many things I want to say but nothing clear or adequate comes out. But this being on my heart, I decided to share with you, Marriage is hard work. I am sharing with you because no one really gives you the honesty you deserve when embarking on such endeavors. No, instead its full of remarks such as, That's so wonderful, We're so happy for you, Congratulations, and many other great things. Now I am not saying marriage isn't wonderful or great, or something to congratulate in any manor. Because it is , it truly is, I am just clearly stating that marriage is a lot of hard work. Anyone who is married and doesn't think its hard work, well the word silly comes to mind. See the thing is Christ intended marriage to be a beautiful thing, which please don't read this and think my marriage isn't beautiful. Because I am so grateful to my husband for all that he does for me and my children. I know that Christ has very good things in store for us just as he promises.
11" For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."Jeremiah 29:11
See, clear as clear can be the Lord gives us direction. See I know for me 1st in my personal walk with Christ and 2nd in my marriage walk with Christ, I tend to get in the way. Christ will have my life set up completely clear, no stop signs, no pot holes, straight and narrow. But then I decide I need to drive so then we ram into a tree, or run over a raccoon(poor creature) or drive in the ditch for a while. Then when I begin to get carsick I let Christ drive and we get back on track- no surprise there. The same is in my marriage I decide its my way or the highway, or my husbands way or the highway and there we go again, a little off road, a little swim in the pond and a lot of wrong turns. But when we finally let go and let God. We get back to the destination he has set for us.
"A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand
back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided
cord is not easily broken." Ecclesiastes 4:12
So enjoy all that Christ has for you and your marriages, read his word together and hold tight to his promises. He never fails.
God Bless
S.
No comments:
Post a Comment