Ya know it blows me away when God just gives you light to something so significant in our lives, yet we never paid much attention. I was thinking today that I wanted to post but I really didn't have much to say, which is why I hadn't posted. As crazy as I can be I do like to have some purpose to blogging. I know when we are younger we want to be old, and yet when we are old we yearn to young again. In the midst of it all though we don't see the time passing so quickly. We don't realize that those moments are fleeting and we need to hang on and hold tight to what we have. To pray for contentment and enjoy the moments that dwindle away. Today has been a quiet, peaceful, and lovely day. I got to snuggle on the couch with my two favorite sweeties reliving my childhood through tales of Winnie the pooh. It was rather bittersweet, because although quite wonderful it just made me think of when I used to watch these same shows and now I'm an adult with children of my own. But to continue on... it was later when I stumbled upon what God wanted me to see today.
Its beauty, How utterly beautiful my children are and yet I know in years to come it will become an insecurity. Now I know all about it because I went through it myself. I would spend hours in cosmogirl or seventeen looking at what I thought was beautiful.- Thank you photoshop for making me so insecure. I was listening to klove the other day and this lady was talking how she used make up like an idol, she felt completely naked without it. Now this is in no way a down play on makeup. Because on occasion I wear it myself, I just hope you don't think your not beautiful without it. Because God made you beautiful, and don't worry about comparing yourself to other girls because God made you precious and lovely in your own way. In summer camp we had "secret santas or secret buddies" whatever you call them, One year I got a plaque that had this scripture on it. "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes.Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight." 1 Peter 3:3-4. I still have it to this day.
I don't know what God is telling you today, but be true to yourself. Know that your beautiful regardless of what the world says. Trust that God knows what beauty really is and rest in that knowledge. In the end its really inner beauty that shows to all who are willing to see it. :) God loves you just the way you are.
Blessings on your weekend to come!
S.
No comments:
Post a Comment