Thursday, May 24, 2012

Just be still

So after reading a friends blog, I now have a need to blog. So when listening to or reading the story of "The Tortoise and the Hare" how many times do you want to be the hare. Even though you know the moral of the story, do you just want it to be over? Because when we're zipping in and out of traffic, or passing the person just because we don't like the way they drive, it seems we want to be the hare. Now I don't know if you have this kind of fellowship with God, but let me tell you I do. I ALWAYS want to be the hare. I know I have written about it before, but this is just obviously something I personally need lots of lessons about. The fast & easy way isn't always the best way. You can end up missing beautiful flowers, a picture worth keeping, or just someones friendly smile by rushing. Oh by the way, Do not take this as I want you to go slower than the speed limit! (Do that on your own time, I need to get where I'm going)

See look at that even when I'm taking a moment to share how we should slow down, I have to speed up in my thoughts. *Inhale/Exhale* Ahhhh.. much better, I had no other choice but to be the tortoise this week. (which is very difficult for me) My daughter had failed her hearing test, which since birth we've been trying to get her re-tested. Through a series of not thorough doctors and frustration, we had finally got the appointment. Now throughout the whole experience Psalm 46:10 came to mind. Which says

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10

Well if that isn't a verse to calm the commotion I don't know what is. My daughter passed her appointment today. I think Christ puts you in situations to praise Him. Yet sometimes we just wanna say Thanks God and get on with our day. When did praising God, become such a lackadaisical activity.For my life there has been nothing that God hasn't gone through first, there are many ups and downs. But when I let God show me the way, its a much relaxing ride. I have a song that you can look up, one that was in my mind all day today! Its called : What do I know of Holy by:Addison Road Many Blessings on your weekend my friend! Slow down and enjoy your Memorial weekend!
S.

2 comments: